Dr. Doug Kuhlmann
Director of Activities and Development
636.928.5100 ext. 275

@DougKuhlmann

“…to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up.”

Ephesians 4:12

Ways to Give

Dear Friends of LHS,

The mission of the Lutheran High School Development Office is to encourage financial support from alumni, current and alumni families, friends, and businesses.  The Development staff works hand-in-hand with the LHS community to enhance the image of Lutheran High School, communicate the mission and objectives of the school, and obtain the financial support necessary to insure a strong and vibrant future.  We want to continue to provide resources necessary for LHS to accomplish its mission of “equipping students for lives of Christian service.”

Our goal is to keep LHS accessible for families who seek a Christ-centered, quality college preparatory education.  The financial contributions of donors are an important component in maintaining that affordability and help bridge the gap between tuition and the actual cost of an LHS education.  Many students are able to experience the Cougar Way only because of the generosity of our donors!

The Development Office is dedicated to the progress, continuity, and growth of our school for many years to come.  LHS is what it is today because of the generous and continued support of our great community. Alumni, past, present and future families, and friends are the greatest assets we have!  

How can you make a difference in the life of a Lutheran High School student?  You can partner with LHS through your gifts of time, talent, and treasure.  Please check out the different options and consider ways to show your Cougar Pride!

Sincerely,

Dr. Doug Kuhlmann
Director of Activities and Development

Make a Difference

LHS relies on financial contributions to help fund student financial aid, academic and activities programs, and facility improvements. Your generosity helps LHS fulfill the mission of “equipping students for lives of Christian service.”  You may contribute in a variety of ways:

  • Annual Appeal:  Funds are used to offset the difference between tuition income and the actual cost of education. Although the Appeal is made at the end of the calendar year, you may give to this fund at any time.
  • LHS Scholarship Endowment:  Established in 1999, this fund has grown to over $350,000. Each year, 80% of the interest from the endowment is used to provide tuition assistance to qualified families, and the other 20% is reinvested to continue growing the endowment. Donations to the Endowment will help grow the fund’s principal, which results in higher amounts of financial aid available to families.
  • Angel Fund:  Throughout the year, LHS families may experience hardship or emergency situations that make it difficult to meet their monthly tuition obligations.  Job loss, health problems, family issues, etc. may lead to stress and complications for both students and their parents.  The Angel Fund was created to provide emergency monetary assistance to families when these special circumstances arise so that students can continue their education at LHS.  The Angel Fund offers an opportunity for donors to contribute to helping families in this special way.
  • Sponsors:  LHS is pleased to recognize individuals and businesses who contribute as sponsors.  Individuals may join The Cougar Club to sponsor LHS.  To learn more about The Champion’s Club corporate sponsorship levels and benefits, please contact Director of Activities and Development Dr. Doug Kuhlmann.
  • Special Projects:  For information on specific donating opportunities, please contact Head of School Dr. Craig Ernstmeyer or Director of Activities and Development Dr. Doug Kuhlmann.

GIVE TO LHS NOW

 

Since Lutheran High School is a recognized 501(c)(3) organization, all donations are tax-deductible and may also be eligible for matching funds from your employer.

Gifts of Time

You can also support LHS by donating your time and using your God-given talents to volunteer in a variety of ways.  This also allows you to build relationships with other parents, alumni, and friends of LHS!  The opportunities to serve include:

  • Assist with major fundraising events (Auction, Trivia Night, Golf Outing)
  • Participate in Booster Club activities
  • Work the concession stand at games
  • And more!

 

LUTHERAN HIGH SCHOOL