Dr. Doug Kuhlmann
Assistant Head of School
636.928.5100 ext. 1014
“…to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up.”
Ways to give
Dear LHS Community,
The mission of the Lutheran High School Development Office is to encourage support and active participation from alumni, families both current students and alumni, friends, and local businesses. The Development staff works hand-in-hand with the LHS community to enhance the image of Lutheran High School, communicate our mission and objectives, and obtain the financial support necessary to ensure a strong and vibrant future. We need to continue to provide the resources necessary for LHS to accomplish its mission of “equipping students for lives of Christian service.”
A key goal is to keep LHS accessible for families who seek a Christ-centered, quality college prep/life prep education. Your gifts, combined with others, provides financial assistance for students in-need, enhances learning and extracurricular activities, and provides a safe, Christ-centered environment for our learning. More students are able to experience the benefits of an LHS education because of the generosity of our supporters!
How can you make a difference in the life of a Lutheran High School student? Partner with LHS through your gifts of time, talent, and treasure. Please check out the different options and consider ways to show your Cougar Pride!
Dr. Doug Kuhlmann
Assistant Head of School
SUPPORTING THE LHS MISSION & MINISTRY
Our school community’s donations of time, talent, and treasure are critical in helping us fulfill our mission of nurturing students’ spiritual, academic, and personal growth. Your gifts enhance learning and extracurricular activities, providing a safe, Christ-centered environment for our students! In addition, your support affords our community the opportunity to develop relationships with one another and forge collaborative efforts to support LHS.
We take our responsibility of this partnership with our donors to be excellent stewards of the resources entrusted to us as a school community. Through such partnerships, LHS forms an educational ministry that is a mutually supportive community committed to excellence!
LHS has identified three primary goals of our development efforts to share the LHS story.
- Develop meaningful relationships with all stakeholders
- Foster an understanding and culture of philanthropy for all stakeholders.
- Encourage all stakeholders to know and share their “LHS story” within the community.
Any gift, no matter the size, makes an impact. Gifts add up, and every gift—including yours—inspires others to give also! You may contribute in a variety of ways:
- Annual Appeal: Funds are used to offset the difference between tuition income and the actual cost of education. Although the Appeal is made at the end of the calendar year, you may give to this fund at any time.
- Scholarship Endowment: Established in 1999, this fund has grown to nearly $500,000. Each year, up to 80% of fund earnings are used to provide tuition assistance to qualified families, with the balance reinvested to continue fund growth. Donations to the Endowment will help grow the fund’s principal, which results both in higher financial aid available to families, and long-term financial security of LHS.
- Angel Fund: Throughout the year, LHS families may experience hardships or emergencies that make it difficult to meet their monthly tuition obligations. Job loss, health problems, family issues, etc. lead to stress and complications for both students and parents. The Angel Fund was created to provide emergency monetary assistance to families when these special circumstances arise so that students can continue their education at LHS. The Angel Fund offers an opportunity for donors to contribute to helping families in this special way.
Special Projects: For information on specific donating opportunities, please contact Head of School Dr. Craig Ernstmeyer or Assistant Head of School Dr. Doug Kuhlmann.
Lutheran High School is a recognized 501(c)(3) organization, all donations are tax-deductible and may also be eligible for matching funds from your employer.
REACH CAPITAL CAMPAIGN
In 2019, Lutheran High School completed a building addition and extensive campus renovations to accommodate a growing student body. Gifts to the Reach Campaign provided the funds necessary to undertake this important next phase in the Lutheran High story. And while the initial campaign has come to an end, current contributions can still be made to the Reach Campaign which will allow us to complete the additional phases or reduce the mortgage associated with the much-needed expansion.
GYMNASIUM BANNER PROJECT
GIFTS OF TIME
You can also support LHS by donating your time and using your God-given talents to volunteer in a variety of ways. This also allows you to build relationships with other parents, alumni, and friends of LHS! The opportunities to serve include:
- Assist with major fundraising events (Auction, Trivia Night, Golf Outing)
- Participate in Booster Club activities
- Work the concession stand at games
- And more!