Dr. Doug Kuhlmann
Assistant Head of School
636.928.5100 ext. 1014
“…to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up.”
Ways to give
Dear Friends of LHS,
The mission of the Lutheran High School Development Office is to encourage financial support from alumni, current and alumni families, friends, and businesses. The Development staff works hand-in-hand with the LHS community to enhance the image of Lutheran High School, communicate the mission and objectives of the school, and obtain the financial support necessary to insure a strong and vibrant future. We want to continue to provide resources necessary for LHS to accomplish its mission of “equipping students for lives of Christian service.”
Our goal is to keep LHS accessible for families who seek a Christ-centered, quality college preparatory education. Your gifts, combined with many other gifts, provides financial assistance for students, enhances learning and extracurricular activities, and provides a safe, Christ-centered environment for our students. Many students are able to experience the Cougar Way only because of the generosity of our donors!
How can you make a difference in the life of a Lutheran High School student? You can partner with LHS through your gifts of time, talent, and treasure. Please check out the different options and consider ways to show your Cougar Pride!
Dr. Doug Kuhlmann
Assistant Head of School
MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Our school community’s donations of time, talent, and treasure are critical in helping us fulfill our mission of nurturing students’ spiritual, academic, and personal growth. Your gifts help to enhance learning and extracurricular activities and provide a safe, Christ-centered environment for our students! In addition, using your time, talent, and treasures affords our community the opportunity to develop relationships with one another and forge collaborative efforts to support our school.
We take our responsibility of this partnership with our donors to be excellent stewards of the resources of time, talent, and treasure that you entrust to us as a school community. Through such partnerships, LHS forms an educational ministry that is mutually supportive and a community committed to excellence; one in which our “story” can be told!
As a result, LHS has identified three primary goals of our development efforts.
- Develop meaningful relationships with all stakeholders to share the LHS “story.”
- Foster an understanding and culture of philanthropy for all stakeholders.
- Encourage all stakeholders to know and promote their “story” of LHS within our community.
Any gift of time, talent, and treasure, no matter the size, makes an impact. Gifts add up, and every gift—including yours—inspires others to give, too! Your generosity helps LHS fulfill the mission of “equipping students for lives of Christian service.” You may contribute in a variety of ways:
- Annual Fund: Funds are used to offset the difference between tuition income and the actual cost of education. Although the Appeal is made at the end of the calendar year, you may give to this fund at any time.
- Scholarship Endowment: Established in 1999, this fund has grown to over $350,000. Each year, 80% of the interest from the endowment is used to provide tuition assistance to qualified families, and the other 20% is reinvested to continue growing the endowment. Donations to the Endowment will help grow the fund’s principal, which results in higher amounts of financial aid available to families.
- Angel Fund: Throughout the year, LHS families may experience hardship or emergency situations that make it difficult to meet their monthly tuition obligations. Job loss, health problems, family issues, etc. may lead to stress and complications for both students and their parents. The Angel Fund was created to provide emergency monetary assistance to families when these special circumstances arise so that students can continue their education at LHS. The Angel Fund offers an opportunity for donors to contribute to helping families in this special way.
Special Projects: For information on specific donating opportunities, please contact Head of School Dr. Craig Ernstmeyer or Assistant Head of School Dr. Doug Kuhlmann.
Since Lutheran High School is a recognized 501(c)(3) organization, all donations are tax-deductible and may also be eligible for matching funds from your employer.
In 2019, Lutheran High School completed a building addition and extensive campus renovations to accommodate a growing student body. Gifts to the Reach Campaign will support additional facility projects in the coming years.
Our new facilities provide an opportunity for a fresh, new, modern, brand-consistent look, a look and feel that supports our position as a dynamic leader in excellence. As part of our branding process, we have updated our Cougar logo and aligned our colors of blue, silver, black and white to create a consistent, cohesive message of excellence at LHS. Given the fact that more general community visitors experience their first impression of LHS in our gym, it is appropriate that we initiate our efforts in the gym.
A key part of our gym presence is the recognition and celebration of the achievements of our student-athletes. With our new gym and updated branding, we are looking to hang new banners to continue our celebration of the achievements of the past, while we prepare for even more success in the years to come.
LHS is blessed by your ongoing support. Together, we will continue to grow LHS even stronger in the future! To make a gift toward the purchase of these banners, you may donate online using the form on this page. Please contact Dr. Kuhlmann if you have questions or if you would like additional information regarding our plans.
GIFTS OF TIME
You can also support LHS by donating your time and using your God-given talents to volunteer in a variety of ways. This also allows you to build relationships with other parents, alumni, and friends of LHS! The opportunities to serve include:
- Assist with major fundraising events (Auction, Trivia Night, Golf Outing)
- Participate in Booster Club activities
- Work the concession stand at games
- And more!