The Student Services office is an integral part of the educational program at Lutheran High School. Our counseling professionals nurture students in their spiritual, academic, emotional and vocational development. Counselors use a proactive, developmental approach to assist students in making wise decisions personally, academically and vocationally.
Our academic and college counseling is deliberately focused on planning for continuing education in a college, university, or career path best suited to the student’s strengths and goals. The guidance counselors also provide assistance in exploring college and career choices, submitting college applications, and pursuing scholarship options.
Discussion with a counselor or teacher will help students solve many problems they encounter during their high school years. Students and parents should feel free to consult the counselors or teachers at any time. Students also have access to personal counseling based on their strengths, needs and situations. Students requiring long-term counseling may be referred to an outside agency.
We give personalized attention to our students and parents in these areas:
- Academic planning and counseling
- Career planning assistance
- Personal counseling and referrals
- College selection and application assistance
- Scholarship assistance
- Scheduling visits with college representatives
- Testing (PSAT, ACT, AP tests, placement tests)
- Dual credit programs
- Test interpretation for parents and students
- Crisis intervention
- Conflict resolution/mediation
- Parent workshops on academic and college-related topics
- Student schedules