LHS Fall Sports Parents,
Thank you to all who attended the Fall Sports meeting last evening. We had over 90% participation from our families! Please find a quick summary below of the items we touched upon last night:
1. ArbiterLive.com – The new place to view ALL athletic schedules. Sign up to receive game updates and changes via email/text. For more info: How to use Arbiter
2. Signup.com – The place to sign up for concession and gate spots. Families can earn money for their son or daughter’s team(s) for every spot they work. Both parents and students may volunteer. Note: Signups are now open.
3. Booster Club – Lutheran High is excited to welcome the LHS Booster Club this season. The booster club is selling season passes for $250, which include:
• 2 Passes to all home games (excluding tournaments)
• Booster Club only Access parking spots in the stadium lot – first come, first served
• 2 Booster club t-shirts
Passes are available for purchase at Back to School Night or visit Mrs. Hoenig in the school office. To find out more about this exciting group, contact Laurie Preusser at Lpreusser@sbcglobal.netor Toni Vogt at email@example.com
4. Social Media – Have you signed up for a Twitter account yet? Updates on LHS activities are available on twitter. *To follow our updates on twitter if you do not have an account. To have our tweets sent directly to your phone via SMS, you will need to sign up for a twitter account.
- Dead Week 2019– Looking ahead to the summer of 2018 and because many families plan vacations around this week, the LHS coaching staff would like to let you know that the dead week for 2018 will be Saturday, June 29 through Sunday, July 7, 2018.
- Team/Individual Picture Day – Tuesday, August 21. Be sure to fill out the picture form with your child on the day of pictures.
- Regarding Dr. Kuhlmann’s presentation, here are five key take-aways:
–Sportsmanship – LHS considers sportsmanship a top priority. It is the expectation that all coaches, players, officials and spectators respect the integrity and judgment of everyone involved in all contests, including opponents and game officials.
–Social Media Responsibility – LHS uses Twitter as a primary means of sharing information about our programs. Our approach to social media oversight ultimately allows LHS students much freedom and shows that we trust them to make good choices. Encourage your son/daughter to use good judgment; same thing for us, as parents.
–Positive Coaching – We love watching our kids compete! It is fun to watch them perform. While we, as parents, want to provide feedback for them following contests, the best thing that we can say to our kids is, “I love to watch you play!”
–Coach/Parent Communication – In order to continue the excellence of the LHS activities program, there ought to be a mutual respect between a parent and a coach. Situations may arise when there are concerns of roles on a team and possible frustrations. If and when these do occur, it is our expectation that the athlete is the first line of communication with the coach.
–Multi-Sport Participation – LHS and our coaching staff strongly believes in the benefits of participating in multiple sports, and therefore will actively encourage our student-athletes in this direction. Different sports challenge athletes in different ways, and the skills developed through training methods used in one sport usually help the athlete in other sports.
All of the materials that were shared in their entirety can be found on our website: https://lutheranhighstcharles.com/athletics/cougar-athletics/
Once again, thank you for your support of the Lutheran High Activities program!
Assistant Athletic Director
Dr. Doug Kuhlmann, CMAA
Director of Development and Student Activities