If your son/daughter is participating in Basketball, Wrestling, or Girls Swimming this winter please continue reading to find out how to order your Player Pack/Team Wear items.
Player Packs – These orders include both required and optional items. Please read below for more ordering information for each sport.
- Boys Basketball – All items are optional. *See below for info on Practice Jerseys and Shooter Shirts.
- Girls Basketball – All items are optional. *See below for info on Practice Jerseys and Shooter Shirts.
- Wrestling – Items A, B, and H are required items (black shorts, royal long sleeve shirt, and Nike Bag unless you already have a bag that says Lutheran on it).
- Girls Swimming – All items are optional.
Basketball Shoes –
- Samples of the Nike basketball shoes are available to try on in the athletic office. Or you can try on any Nike basketball shoes at a sporting goods store to determine what size to order.
Basketball Practice Jerseys –
- All basketball players are required to have a practice jersey. If you have a jersey from a previous year, you will not need to order a new one.
- To order a practice jersey, bring $32 (checks to LHS) to the Athletic Office by October 5.
Shooter Shirts –
- This year’s shooter shirt is new for both the boys and girls. All players are required to purchase a shooter shirt. There are sample shirts in the athletic office to try on for size. (The shirts are men’s sizing.)
Ordering notes:Lutheran High is partnering with Nike and Lids Team Sports. All items are available for purchase on http://www.lidsteamsports.com/.
- Items must be purchased online. Forms will NOT be accepted at Lutheran High.
- Tax and shipping will be charged. (All items will be delivered to Lutheran High for pickup.)
- If you have any questions about sizing, visit the Athletic Office. Returns/Refunds not available for ordering the wrong size.
- Please contact your coach with questions regarding the required items.
- Flyers can be found on the Athletic website under Forms. Note: Orders must be placed online.
- Ordering is open from Sept. 24 – Oct. 5. NO LATE ORDERS ACCEPTED.
- Email questions to ContactLTS@lids.comwith product or ordering questions. Contact coaches about required items.
- Go to http://www.lidsteamsports.com/
- Click on “Flash Stores”
- Type in the flash store code (listed on top of the instruction sheet) and click “Submit Code”
- Select team merchandise and add to Shopping Cart
- Once shopping is complete, click on “Checkout” and either register as a new customer or log in with previously registered information.
Organization Codes: (Click on code to see the form)
Coaches Contact Info:
Please contact Jana Leppien in the athletic office at email@example.com with any additional questions.
As you know, our new Strength and Conditioning Coach, Dustin Weber, has been working with all of our athletes after school in our performance program. Specifically, what is the Performanceprogram? For those that are not familiar with it, the mission of the program is to “to develop championship caliber, multi-sport athletes with an emphasis on year-round training.”
LHS is proud to announce that Coach Weber has recently attained his certification as a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) through the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA). The CSCS signifies Coach Weber as a “professional who applies scientific knowledge to train athletes for the primary goal of improving athletic performance.” He has the expertise to conduct sport-specific testing sessions, design and implement safe and effective strength training and conditioning programs and provide guidance regarding nutrition and injury prevention.
For the remainder of the fall, our LHS Performance sessions will run 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm
, Mondays through Thursdays. Remember, it is the goal of the LHS coaching staff (all 22 sports!) that all winter and spring athletes plan to attend these workouts.
The Lutheran High School Strength and Conditioning/Performance Program is designed to provide our student-athletes the following: a program that is committed to developing athletes into champions in their respective sports; to provide every athlete with the very best evidenced-based exercise programs; a program dedicated to improving our athletes strength, speed, agility, power, and flexibility; to develop team bonding, leadership, mental toughness, and discipline through rigorous physical and mental test; and to properly educate our athletes on the importance of rest, injury prevention, and nutrition.
Further, LHS and our individual 22 athletic programs have worked hard creating a unified culture of performance training. Creating a unified program that has the support of physical education staff, coaches, and athletes is a key to building the best possible performance program. The head performance coach will work closely with the coaching staffs of each sport to develop a program appropriate for the athletes participating in that sport.
To that end, the LHS performance philosophy centers on creating an atmosphere that allows each student-athlete to maximize their potential and achieve the highest level of athletic development possible while learning skills and values that will help them maintain a healthy lifestyle in the future.
1. Provide a safe, competitive, energetic and positive training environment
2. Decrease chances of injury through conditioning and exercises that ensure muscle balance and flexibility
3. Enhance balance and stability through functional training using sport specific exercises
4. Educate athletes in proper training techniques and weight room protocols
5. Instill an appreciation of hard work and commitment in LHS athletes
Primary Goals of the LHS Performance Program:
1. Glorify God in our training, words, and actions
2. Stimulate positive physiological adaptations
3. Improve confidence and mental toughness
4. Intensity under coach’s supervision
5. Progression and Recording Data
6. A Variety of Total Body Training
7. Reduce the likelihood and severity of injury
If you have any questions regarding the program, please contact Dustin Weber via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LHS Seniors have been influential in continuing to build the Cougar tradition of excellence. Senior Night is an evening dedicated to honoring Seniors and their parents.
Below is a complete listing of the senior nights in our fall sports. Please mark your calendar if you have not already done so.
- October 6 – Softball vs. Trinity @ 4:30 pm
- October 13 – Volleyball vs. Winfield @ 6:15 pm
- October 22 – Boys Soccer vs. Winfield @ 6:30 pm
- October 24 – Football/Band/Cheer/Pom/Robotics @ 7:00 pm (please note that if we are not hosting a MSHSAA playoff game this week, senior night will be moved to Friday, October 10, our last home game)
- Girls Golf – Senior Recognition conducted at the year-end banquet
- Cross Country – Senior Recognition conducted at the year-end banquet
In preparation, please fill have your Senior fill out the biography form and return it to Mrs. Leppien in the Activities Office. The biographies will be read at Senior Night.
Ehlmann Photography will be offering Senior Sport Collages again this year. Cost is $35, which includes the collage and frame. If you are interested in ordering a collage for your son/daughter please return the attached form as soon as possible. The photographer needs to know which Seniors she is photographing at sporting events. Please include a check for $35, made out to Ehlmann Photography, with your order.
Beginning Monday, September 22 and running through September 29, Lutheran High will host our annual Fall Sports Community Awareness events, supporting Safe Families. For more information on Safe Families, please visit their website: http://www.safe-families.org/
In support of Safe Families, Lutheran High will be offering t-shirts for $10, with all proceeds benefitting Safe Families. To order t-shirts, stop by the school office or email Jana Leppien byWednesday, September 17. Payment due at time of order. (Cash or check to Lutheran High).
Girls Softball game v. St. Dominic for September 10 has been CANCELED and will not be rescheduled.
Girls Softball will continue their game against Bishop DuBourg on Friday, September 12, at 4:15pm @ Affton Athletic Assosciation
Boys Soccer will play the rained out Varsity game v Francis Howell in the FZE/LHS Tournament on Thursday, September 25 @ 4:45 pm @ Lutheran High
On Tuesday, September 30, the LHS Activities Department is proud to sponsor a dinner at Three Families Restaurant to benefit our Fine Arts programs. We invite you to come to have dinner and dessert at Three Families Restaurant between 5:00 pm and 9:00 pm. Fifteen percent of the proceeds from your purchases will be donated to LHS Fine Arts! We certainly would appreciate your support of our theatre, band, choir, and art departments.
As a follow-up, we also wanted to share a little information about upcoming events this year which you will be interested in attending and supporting:
We invite you to attend our fall, winter, and spring performances during this school year. All performances begin at 7:00 pm. Here are the dates…we look forward to seeing you!-Fall Performances – November 7 & 8, 2014
-Winter Performances – February 27 & 28, 2015
-Spring Performances – May 8 & 9, 2015
Follow us on Twitter @LHSSCTheatre Please contact Mrs. Rachel Lail for further information. email@example.com
Throughout the year, we will have several opportunities for you to hear our orchestra and choir perform. You will also have the opportunity to hear our pep band, as they perform at all home football and basketball games. Here are a few of the other hi-lights:-September 26, 2014 – Junior Cougar Band @ Football Game – 7:00 pm
-December 21, 2014 – Christmas Concert @ Immanuel St. Charles at 7:00 pm
-March 7, 2015
– LHS Auction
-May 17, 2015
– Spring Concert @ Zion at 7:00 pm
Follow us on Twitter @LHSCougarMusic Please contact Ms. Jen Brauer for further information. firstname.lastname@example.org
The art students have several opportunities to have their art exhibited in a local gallery. We invite you to join us at an art reception to view the art work and meet the artists. Please look for announcements for upcoming art shows as many dates have not been released yet.January 9 – March 9, 2015 – St. Peters Cultural Arts Centre, Opening Reception – January 9 from 6 – 8pm
Young Artists and their Teachers Exhibition at Lindenwood University – Fall 2014
The Best of the Best of St. Charles County at Foundry Art Centre – Spring 2015
Congressional Art Competition – Spring 2015Please contact Mrs. Amber Maddick for further information. email@example.com
Lutheran High is hosting a Middle School Volleyball Tournament on September 19 and 20th. Click on the link below for brackets.
Middle School VB Tourney 2014 Bracket
Lutheran High School is proud to announce the hiring of Andy Lueck as our head JV boys basketball coach for 2014-2015. As an alum of LHS, Coach Lueck understands what it means to be a “Cougar” and brings a Christian demeanor, competitive fire and drive, and ability to relate to young people to the program.
Coach Andy Lueck graduated from Lutheran High School in 2005 where he starred as a member of the basketball team and baseball team. He was the MVP of the basketball team in 2005 and of the baseball team in 2004 and 2005. More importantly, as a testament to his Christian attitude, sportsmanship, and ability to excel as a student-athlete, he was recognized as the “Gordon Bredow” Christian Athlete of the Year as a senior. Upon his graduation from LHS, he attended Lindenwood University where he played baseball, graduating in 2009 with a degree in Sports Management. While at Lindenwood, he began his coaching tenure at LHS, serving as the freshmen basketball coach from 2008 to 2012 and as the varsity assistant from 2007 to 2012. As a freshmen coach, he compiled a 42-17 record, including a perfect 14-0 record in 2012. He has also assisted as the varsity baseball coach (with head coach, Dennis Lueck) from 2009 to the present, as the team posted a 94-59 record. He has also coached the St. Peters Senior Legion Baseball Team since 2010. Currently, he serves as a sales representative for Peet’s Coffee. As he looked towards the future at LHS, Coach Lueck commented, “I look forward to coaching basketball and helping these young men learn the game and growing as Christians.”
Coach Mark Hingst and the entire coaching staff at LHS are glad to have Andy as a member of our staff and we look forward to the upcoming 2014-2015 boys basketball season!
All 4th through 8th grade boys are invited to attend one or several skills clinic sessions at LHS on Saturday mornings this fall. The dates are Saturday, September 13, Saturday, October 11, and Saturday, October 18. 4th through 6th grades will go 8:30 am to 10:00 am and 7th and 8th will go 10:00 to 11:30 am. Questions??? Please direct those to head basketball coach, Dr. Mark Hingst at firstname.lastname@example.org or (314) 570-3979. We look forward to seeing you there!
Cougar athletes keep busy in the summer preparing for the upcoming seasons while also participating in sports not offered at Lutheran High. Read about Junior Clayton Jost below. What did your Cougar athlete do this summer? Send an email and pics to Jana Leppien at email@example.com
Clayton shoots on a team called the Youth Shooters Gateway Gun Club. They meet twice a week for practice and shoot competition on the weekends. This summer his squad won 3rd place in the AIM State Championship in Linn Creek, MO. His squad also won 1st in doubles and second in handicap at the AIM Nationals Championship in Sparta, IL.