Check out the Fall Sports Team Pages for all of the preseason schedules. (Girls Golf and Swimming not available at this time.)
Lutheran High is proud to announce Mr. Michael Wilhite as our new head men’s and women’s soccer coach at Lutheran High School. Mike brings a wealth of knowledge of the game and experience working with young people as a coach.
Mike is a graduate of St. Dominic High School, where he was a four-year starter on the Crusader’s state championship soccer team. He then played at Maryville University and earned a Bachelors of Science in Nursing. Following his playing days, he was an assistant coach at Duchesne and at St. Dominic, helping both programs win several state championships, while earning his United States Soccer Federation National “D” License. Currently, Mike works in the early childhood center in the Kirkwood School District. He and his family reside in St. Charles County.
Andrew Nelson (men’s) and Allison Patton (women’s) will assist Coach Wilhite next year with the programs. We are excited to add Coach Wilhite to our coaching staff and retain Coaches Nelson and Patton, who both can continue to capitalize on our success and growth of the LHS soccer program!
If you are interested in ordering patches for your lettermen jackets, now is the time to do it. Patches are for All-Conference, All-District, All-State performers or when a team wins the AAA Conference, MSHSAA Districts, or State Championship. If you want to order one and have it delivered to LHS, the cost per patch is $20. Visit the athletic website to download the form
then return to Jana in the Athletic Office at firstname.lastname@example.org for an order form or visit her in the athletic office to get a copy.
Checks can be made payable to LHS. Order Deadline extended to Wednesday, June 18.
The Lady Cougar Soccer team finished their 2014 season on May 31st against the Lady Pioneers of Duchesne High School, the eventual State Champions.
A BIG thank you to our Seniors this year – J. Skerston, B. Schmelder, N. Masters, & A. Chiu. You will be missed.
J Monday, June 2, we begin our summer performance sessions for all athletes. These sessions are intended for both male and female athletes involved in any sport that we offer at LHS. Please meet in the school lobby and the coaching staff will direct you where to go. Athletes should wear comfortable athletic clothing. Workouts will take place on the track, the turf field, and in the weight room.
The following coaches will be facilitating the workouts each day:
- Monday – 8:30 to 10:00 am – Dave Steinbacher and Jim Clark
- Tuesday – 8:30 to 10:00 am – Brad Schenck and Jon Bernhardt
- Wednesday – 8:30 to 10:00 am – Erin Luttschwager and Dave Viviano
- Thursday - 8:30 to 10:00 am- Jon Bernhardt
- Friday – Closed
Click the items below for more information on the training sessions.
Lutheran High School is seeking applications and accepting resumés for the position of head varsity boys basketball coach for the 2014-2015 school year. If you are interested or have any potential candidates, please contact Doug Kuhlmann, Activities Director at DKuhlmann@lhssc.org or at (314) 497-3014.
The Lutheran High Girls Soccer team defeated Boonville 4-1, on Tuesday night at Sectionals. The Lady Cougars now move on to the Quarterfinals against Duchesne @ Lutheran High on Saturday, May 31 at 12:00pm. Admission is $6 for all fans, including LHS students. No passes accepted. Come on out and cheer for the Cougars!
Congratulations to the Lutheran High Girls Track team for winning the MSHSAA Class 2 Track & Field Championship for the second year in a row! The team finished with 5 event Champions, including a new 1600 Meter State record by C. Rogers.
State Championship Team Seniors – C. Rogers, C. Von Deylen, A. Kuntz,
and Coaches H. Leppien, & S. Angell
Congratulations to our 1st place finishers!
4×400 Relay 400 Meter Dash
H. Leppien, C. Von Deylen, S. Angell, C. Rogers H. Leppien
We hope that you and your family are looking forward to the end of your school year! Here are some other important notes/reminders about the upcoming summer activities:
1. Performance Schedule – Our sports performance program will run from 8:30 am to 10:00 am, Monday through Thursday beginning June 2. These sessions are designed for any and all athletes, male and female, in our school.
2. Open Gym Calendars for boys/girls basketball and volleyball are attached below. Please note that locations vary due to gym schedules/camps, etc.
3. Summer Camps are filling up fast…remember, there is a $15 fee for signing up less than 2 weeks prior to the camp. Summer camp information can be found on the website using the following URL: http://lutheranhighstcharles.com/athletics/summer-camps/
4. Coaching Staff – Below, you will find the link for contact information for our staff. As we enter the summer months, our teams and activities will begin to have open gyms, practices, and camps to prepare for the 2014-2015 school year. You are encouraged to contact them for specific information. Coaching contact information may be found on the website using the following URL: http://lutheranhighstcharles.com/athletics/coachingstaff/
Finally, as you are aware, our website has a plethora of information regarding our program offerings, paperwork, important reminders, etc. You are encouraged to browse our website http://lutheranhighstcharles.com/athletics/ to gain clear understanding of everything that our LHS Activities Department offers our students and families.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us.
Doug Kuhlmann, CAA