We’re using SignUp.com (the leading online SignUp and reminder tool) to organize our upcoming SignUps.
Please sign up for at least 2 gate/concession duties. Parents or students may sign up. Teams earn money for each spot their families work!
Here’s how it works in 3 easy steps:
1) Click this link to see our SignUp on SignUp.com: http://signup.com/go/dR1Bzb
2) Review the options listed and choose the spot(s) you like.
3) Fill out the blanks to list name of your child and the team you are raising money for
4) Sign up! It’s Easy – you will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on SignUp.com.
Note: SignUp.com does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact Jana Leppien at firstname.lastname@example.org and she will sign you up manually.
The Athletic Department (coaching staff, administration, etc.) is asking all fall athletes and their parents complete a survey on their experiences this past fall. Parents and athletes from the fall sports (boys soccer, boys swimming, cross country, cheer, pom, football, girls golf, softball, and volleyball) are now invited to complete the survey.
The assessment consists of a 360 degree review of LHS athletics where the athletic administration, school administration, coaches, athletes, and parents of athletes will participate in tailored surveys at the end of each season of play during the academic year. The goals of this overall assessment are to allow the LHS Athletic Department to do the following 1) determine the successes and areas in need of improvement for both the athletic department and its individual programs; and 2) develop a plan of action to make improvements that will allow the LHS Athletic Department to be continue to strive for excellence.
Parents and Athletes are invited to log-in to the URL’s below to complete the survey.
Fall Athlete Survey – https://goo.gl/forms/eVxr5mWdJw2OyV623
Fall Parent Survey – https://goo.gl/forms/kbMpthIkWXcYW2AJ2
Beginning on Monday, November 7, our strength and conditioning coach, Arlen Harris, will begin our performance program for all LHS athletes who are not currently participating in a winter sport. What is the Performance program? For those that are not familiar with it, the mission of the program is to “to develop championship caliber, multi-sport athletes with an emphasis on year-round training.”
Performance sessions, for the month of November, will run 3:00 pm to 4:30pm,Tuesdays and Thursdays. Beginning after November, we will run three days per week and then in January, it will increase to four days per week. It is the goal of the LHS coaching staff (all 22 sports!) that all fall and spring athletes who are not currently in-season to attend these workouts. All workouts will be designed and implemented by Coach Harris and our off-season coaches. The Lutheran High School Strength and Conditioning/Performance Program is designed to provide our student-athletes the following: a program that is committed to developing athletes into champions in their respective sports; to provide every athlete with the very best evidenced-based exercise programs; a program dedicated to improving our athletes strength, speed, agility, power, and flexibility; to develop team bonding, leadership, mental toughness, and discipline through rigorous physical and mental test; and to properly educate our athletes on the importance of rest, injury prevention, and nutrition.
To that end, the LHS performance philosophy centers on creating an atmosphere that allows each student-athlete to maximize their potential and achieve the highest level of athletic development possible while learning skills and values that will help them maintain a healthy lifestyle in the future.
If you have any questions regarding the program, please contact
Our athletic rules indicates that student-athletes are not permitted to “practice” in a receiving sport (winter season
) while they continue to compete in an sending sport (fall season
). However, they are allowed to “attend” practices with the overlapping time. The one notable exception to this is for cheer & pom re: their competitions in late winter.
While they are not permitted to be physically active @ practices, they are permitted to be engaged mentally at practices of the receiving sport. However, the decision to do this is based on discussions between the AD and the sending/receiving coaches. Coaches may choose to make decisions based on the best interest of the student athletes and their programs, while viewing this through the lens of an entire athletic program.
Beyond that, once the seasons are ended, there is a 2 day period of non-participation for any athlete whose season has just ended.
Lutheran High School is proud to announce the hiring of Mr. Dan Kreienkamp, new theology instructor and spiritual life coordinator at LHS, as our JV Girls Basketball coach for the 2016-2017 school year.
Mr. Kreienkamp has a rich background in teaching, coaching, and working with young people. Dan is a local St. Louis product, graduating from Lutheran High School South in St. Louis. While attending Lutheran South he was a member of the basketball and baseball programs (in addition to an extremely short football career under the tutelage of Dr. Ernstmeyer). Following high school he attended Concordia University Nebraska where he worked with intramural sports all 4 years, including as the co-head of the program his 4th year. He graduated with a BA in psychology and DCE certification with an emphasis in youth ministry. On his internship and first call as a DCE at Calvary Lutheran school in San Lorenzo, CA he coached both boys and girls basketball. After returning home to attend graduate school in St Louis he coached boys basketball for his alma mater Christ Community Lutheran school while receiving a MA in school counseling from Lindenwood University. Dan is teaching theology and serving as the spiritual life coordinator at Lutheran High. He continues to play any sport he can, and cheers on the SLU Billikens basketball team with his son Noah and wife Jennifer.
Mr. Kreienkamp joins our basketball staff to add to our already-excellent staff of coaches: Luttschwager, Ernstmeyer, Long, and Schoedel. He will bring a positive Christian demeanor, ability to build relationships with our young ladies, and a strong personality which will leave a lasting impact on the program and the LHS community. We look forward to Mr. Kreienkamp working with the program!
- 1. Visit ArbiterLive.com and search for Lutheran High School St. Charles or use this direct link http://www.arbiterlive.com/Teams?entityId=30140
- Click on Teams and then select a specific team to view your son or daughter’s schedule.
- Select Follow Team on the upper right corner to follow specific teams and create an account. (Only an email address and phone # are needed.)
- Select your role – Parent, athlete, etc…
- Select how you would like to receive updates – Email, Text
- Select what type of events you would like to receive updates about – Games, Games and Practices (At this time, we are only adding Games to Arbiter)
- Click what type of reminders you would like – Schedule changes, game reminders
- Click Email the ICAL link if you would like to subscribe to the calendar for that team. (At this time, the ICAL links still have some bugs, so be sure to check the team schedules.)
- Click Subscribe.
- Select a specific event to see – location, transportation, and directions
- To view the Complete Athletic Calendar – Click on Calendar at the Top Left.
- Choose Month, Week, or Day on the right hand side.
- Select Details to view game information.
Creating and Applying Student/Athlete E-Signature:
- First, you will want to be certain you have enabled a login for your student athlete, so select Manage Account from the home page.
- From the Manage Account Screen, select Manage Family Accounts.
- From the family member drop down, select your student athlete and check the box that says Enable Login. (If there is an email address already listed next to Current Email, please skip to step number 6)
- Please type in an email address for your student athlete (different from the email address that was used to register) and create a password. Then click Submit.
- Next, select the name in the top right corner with the circle symbol and from the drop down, select Log Out.
- Then click Loginand login with the email address and password that was just created for your student athlete.
- After logging in as the student athlete, select Manage Documents from the home page. Then click Sign Document where a student/athlete e-signature is required.
- A message will appear if you want to review or sign it the document. Click the blue Signbutton and you will be taken to a page to create an electronic student/athlete signature. Select the blue Create New Signature tab.
- With your curser on a computer or with your finger from a tablet/mobile device, create your student/athlete signature or initials then click the blue Savetab. You will see your student/ athlete signature displayed. Select the grey Done tab underneath. Once complete, you will then be on your account management page. Select Home near the top left of the screen.
- Once you have created a student/athlete e-signature, you will not be required to repeat this process. You will be able to apply this student/athlete e-signature anywhere a student/athlete e-signature is required.
Fall Sports begin August 1 at LHS.
Click here for the Fall Tryout Schedule
Girls Golf schedule:
- The first practice is Monday, August 1st. Meet at LHS @ 10:00 am in Mr. Holtmeier’s classroom (106). After this brief introductory meeting we will head out to Cave Springs Driving Range for a brief practice. We will end by 12:00. (most likely sooner)
- We will continue morning practices through the first week (10:00-12:00) for Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday.
- On Thursday we have tee times set for Dardenne Links to get a practice round in.
We hope that you have been enjoying your summer break and involving yourselves in fun and relaxing activities. Soon we will all be back in school beginning what we are sure, will be an excellent 2016-2017 school year.
Our department is personally committed to continuous improvement, the belief that all programs in a school can be improved no matter how good they are. Some items that the staff and I want to improve this year are: communication with parents and the LHS community about our programs, our school spirit, and encouraging students to be involved in a number of different activities during the school year! In order to get these things accomplished, inclusivity is the key; we look forward to working with you as we work together to make an already excellent school even better!
As we make plans for the upcoming school year, we wanted to share a few notes/reminders with you. Some of this information has previously been sent out…if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Activities Office. Here are some important details regarding the 2016-2017 school year:
—MSHSAA Pre-Participation Physicals – You must turn in your physical for the 2016-2017 school year prior to Monday, August 1. You will not be permitted to practice until you have this done. MSHSAA requires that your physical be dated after February 1, 2016 to be current for this season. A reminder that you also need to have at least 14 practices prior to a competition, so be sure that you submit your information in a timely fashion.
—Privit – The Lutheran High School Athletic Program is utilizing a new program to help collect and store the information required by MSHSAA for high school athletes to participate in sports. This new program allows parents to register their child for the athletic teams at Lutheran High School and e-sign all of the appropriate forms. Accounts will remain available from year-to-year to update as needed. For more information and to register visit the Athletic website: http://lutheranhighstcharles.com/athletics/
—Athletic Schedules 2016-2017 – Are now available on the LHS website under “teams.” Please note that the schedules WILL CHANGE UNTIL THE BEGINNING OF THE SEASON…and will not be “official” until the start of the school year and/or the parent meeting for that specific season.
—ArbiterLive.com – The LHS Athletic program is transitioning its scheduling process to Arbiter Live.com. All team schedules will be available online and will update automatically with any changes. Parents and athletes will have the option to “follow” specific teams and receive emails and/or text messages when changes are made to games. Individual team schedules can be printed directly from the website. An ICAL link is also available, to subscribe to specific team schedules. Watch for more information to come!!
– In 2016-2017, we are excited to kick off the first ever Booster Club for LHS Activities! In preparation, meetings were had last spring to begin planning for this upcoming school year. Please contact Brady Westphal with questions: email@example.com
. Additional details regarding the Booster Club can be found on our website : http://lutheranhighstcharles.com/athletics/booster-club/
—Fall Sports Start Date – All Fall sports practices will begin on Monday, August 1st. A complete listing of times and locations will be available on our website later in July. Further, please see our website for contact information for our fall coaching staff and sponsors. Please contact them directly with any questions regarding our programs at LHS.
—Athletic Fee – Please be reminded that the athletic fee for our fall sports is due one week before practices begin on August 3rd. Fees are due by Monday, July 27. For complete details, please see the “About Us” tab on the Athletic website http://lutheranhighstcharles.com/athletics/about-us/.
—Social Media – Have you signed up for a Twitter account yet? Updates on LHS activities are available on twitter. To follow our updates on twitter if you do not have an account, please go to www.twitter.com/lutherancougars. To have our tweets sent directly to your phone via SMS, you will need to sign up for a twitter account. Our main, all-encompassing account is…@LutheranCougars. Other activities can be found on our FAQ page of our website, under #15 or http://lutheranhighstcharles.com/athletics/about-us/faqs/
—Fall Sports Parent Meeting – It is mandatory for at least one parent to attend the fall sports parent meeting on Tuesday, August 9th at 6:30 pm in the LHS gymnasium. Additional details regarding this evening will be sent later in July. Again, this is mandatory for you to attend this 1 hour meeting.
—Pre-Season Video – In preparation for the Fall Sports Parent Meeting, you will view a video detailing the 2016-2017 school year, rules and regulations of the Missouri State High School Activities Association (MSHSAA), the AAA Conference and Lutheran High School. Viewing this video BEFORE the Fall Sports Parent Meeting on August 9 is helpful. A link for this video will be sent to you via email and via social media in late July.
—Dead Week 2017 – We hope that you and your family were able to enjoy a vacation during our dead week this week. Looking ahead to the summer of 2017 and because many families plan vacations around this week, the LHS coaching staff would like to let you know that the dead week for 2017 will be Saturday, July 1 through Sunday, July 9. Feel free to schedule vacations for this week next summer as well.
Again, through the remainder of the summer, if you have any questions, please contact the Activities Office.
Thank you and Go Cougars!
Dr. Doug Kuhlmann, CMAA