As you know, the LHS Activities Department is hosting our 5th annual Trivia Night on Friday, November 13 at 7:00 pm. Tables are starting to fill up!
We are now also in the process of securing round sponsors for the event. We will need ten sponsors (one for each round) at $100/each. As a sponsor, you would receive acknowledgement in all of our correspondence about Trivia Night, a 1 minute “commercial” at the event, logo on our website, and additional benefits. Would you be willing to support us?
If you are interested in sponsoring a round, please contact Activities Director, Doug Kuhlmann at Lutheran High, by Friday, October 23.
Thank you for your consideration.
Doug Kuhlmann, CMAA
Winning is an Attitude!
Schools – Duchesne, Lutheran, North Tech, St. Charles West
Thursday, October 22 @ Lutheran High
- Game #1 @ 4:00 pm
#1 seed Duchesne vs. #4 seed North Tech (Duchesne is the home team in white)
- Game #2 @ 6:00 pm
#2 seed St. Charles West vs. #3 seed Lutheran St. Charles (Lutheran will wear white and be “home” on the scoreboard. St. Charles West will wear dark)
Saturday, October 24 @ Lutheran High
- District Championship @ 2:00 pm
Winner of #1/#4 vs. Winner of #2/#3
Students playing a Winter sport (Basketball, Wrestling, or Girls Swimming) should read below for Team Wear and Spirit Wear ordering.
- Go to http://www.eastbayteamsales.com/teamstore
- Enter the team code (listed on top of the instruction sheet)
- Select team merchandise and add to Shopping Cart
- Once shopping is complete, click on “Checkout” to complete your order
Ordering notes: Lutheran High is partnering with Nike and Eastbay . All items are available for purchase on http://www.eastbayteamsales.com/teamstore.
- Items must be purchased online.Eastbay Forms will NOT be accepted at Lutheran High. (The additional basketball orders of shooter shirts, practice jerseys, and shoe orders should be turned in to the Athletic Office. )
- Tax and shipping will be charged. (All items will be delivered directly to you.)
- If you have any questions about sizing, visit the Athletic Office. Returns/Refunds not available for ordering the wrong size. Please contact your coach with questions regarding the required items. Flyers can be found on the Athletic website under Forms.
- Ordering is open from Oct. 9 – Oct. 19. NO LATE ORDERS ACCEPTED.
Girls and Boys Basketball –
- Eastbay Order Code OFTSLUSB – all items are optional
- Shooter Shirt, Shoes, Practice Jersey Order Form – All basketball players are required to purchase a Practice Jersey and Shooter Shirt unless they have a Shooter Shirt from last year or a Practice Jersey from previous years. Shoes are optional. (Note: The Shooter Shirts are Men’s sizing only. Practice Jerseys are Men’s and Women’s sizing. Sample Shooter Shirts and Practice Jerseys are available in the athletic office to try on for size.) Checks payable to Lutheran High.
- Eastbay Order Code OFTSLUSW – Both the short sleeve t-shirt and shorts are required items.
Girls Swimming –
- Eastbay Order Code OFTSLUSS – All items are optional.
Coaches Contact Info:
Please contact Jana Leppien in the athletic office at firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions.
The Lady Cougar Varsity Volleyball team earned the #1 seed in Districts at Hermann High School. Their first game will be Tuesday, October 20 at 5:00pm v. the winner of the Wright City and Montgomery game. Go Cougars!!
The Lutheran Cougars Cross Country team captured the 2015 AAA Championship on Wednesday for the second straight year.
2015 AAA Champions
Cody Williams ran to his first AAA Individual Championship with a time of 16.59.
Congratulations to the XC team and Cody on their wins!!
The Lady Cougars beat JFK 3-2 to win the AAA Conference Championship. Congrats girls!!
Next stop Districts at Wright City High School on Thursday, October 8 @ 6:00pm.
AAA Softball Champs 2015
The Lutheran High Sapphires (Poms Squad) is hosting its annual dance/poms clinic on Saturday October 31st at Lutheran High School of St. Charles County.
We will begin with a fun warm-up and then divide into age-appropriate groups where participants will learn correct pom and dance technique, as well as a routine specially choreographed by LHS Sapphires. Participants will perform the choreography at 12:30 pm in the LHS gym (family and friends are invited to the performance!).
Each participate will receive a LHS Sapphires t-shirt. You can register your child by filling out and mailing in this form or dropping it off at LHS.
Lutheran High School St. Charles
5100 Mexico Rd.
St. Peters, MO 63376
REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS OCTOBER 24th.
FAITH – HOPE – COURAGE
Each season, LHS athletic teams join together and sponsor a Community Awareness Week where athletes, coaches, and fans support a specific cause. During the next several days, you will see several of our fall sports teams adding the color orange to their uniforms to show their support for those individuals and families who are struggling with cancer.
Did you know that 43% of men and 37% of women are at risk for developing cancer in the United States? This statistic hit home for our Lutheran High family last spring when senior Derek Griffitts was diagnosed with a brain tumor. Derek completed radiation therapy and continues to undergo chemotherapy treatment. Despite the challenges caused by this treatment, Derek continues to stay strong and attend school regularly.
LHS students and families are encouraged to participate in the following activities to show their continued support for Derek and others who have been effected by this terrible disease:
• Wear an orange #DerekStrong bracelet (to be distributed on Monday, October 5 and on Tuesday, October 6 during Prime Time) for a suggested donation of $1.
• On Tuesday, October 6, and Monday, October 12, students who wear their bracelets may also enjoy a Sweats Day at school!
• Cheer on our Cougar teams at their upcoming Community Awareness contests:
◦ Football: Oct. 2, 7:00 p.m. vs. St. Dominic
◦ Volleyball: Oct. 6, 4:15/5:15/6:15 p.m. vs. Borgia (C team) and Trinity (JV/V)
◦ Soccer: Oct. 12, 5:00/6:30 vs. Duchesne
As Christians, we take comfort in knowing that although we experience physical challenges here on Earth, God has provided eternal salvation from sin and sickness through the saving work of Jesus Christ.
Thanks for your support!
Jon Bernhardt, Principal
Doug Kuhlmann, Activities Director
LHS is committed to the growth, progress and the advancement of all our activity programs. It has been our goal as a department to do everything within our power to give our programs the tools they need to be as competitive as possible. We have a clear vision and a passion for delivering outstanding results in the classroom and on the field of play!
This year, the LHS Activities Department will hold our 5th Annual Trivia Night on Friday, November 13 at 7:00 pm to benefit all of our athletic programs. Not only will this event assist us in our fundraising efforts, it will be a great night for our families!
We ask that each family of an athlete participate by selecting one of the options below. Can’t make the date? Have plans that evening, but want to support your son/daughter and our programs? No problem! There is another option available.
1. Purchase 2 seats for Trivia Night @ $25/each.
2. I am unable to attend and I prefer to make a contribution to the LHS Activities Department. I will send in a check to the office in support of my son/daughter.
Please use the following link to register for Trivia Night:
To learn more about Trivia Night and what our coaches and programs are doing with our athletes, please visit our website:
Get those tables together! Thank you for your past, present and continued support of LHS!
Lutheran High School is proud to announce the addition of Craig Ernstmeyer to the girls basketball staff for the 2015-2016 season. He will serve as the head JV girls basketball coach and assistant varsity coach for the 2015-2016 season.
Dr. Ernstmeyer is in his third year as the Head of School for Lutheran High School. He is in his 20th year serving Lutheran high schools in both Missouri and Nebraska. He graduated from Concordia Nebraska in 1996, lettering in both football and basketball. He has served in a variety of coaching capacities the last twenty years, from junior high girls head coach to high school boys assistant varsity coach. He received both his bachelor’s and master’s degree from Concordia Nebraska. In December 2010, he earned his Doctorate in Education from the University of Missouri in Columbia. He was part of the 1992 Men’s Basketball team inducted into the Concordia Nebraska Hall of Fame. He has also been recognized as a Distinguished Alumni of Lincoln Lutheran Jr./Sr. High School. He has been married for 20 years to Tammy, also a Concordia Hall of Famer in women’s basketball. They have three children, Amanda, a junior at LHS, Ashley, a freshman at LHS, and Drew, a seventh grader at Zion Lutheran School.
Coach Erin Luttschwager and the entire coaching staff at LHS are glad to have Coach Ernstmeyer as a member of our staff and we look forward to the upcoming 2015-2016 girls basketball season!