Spring Sports Families,
The beginning of the Spring Sports season is rapidly approaching. Practices begin next Monday, February 27 for Boys Golf, Boys Volleyball, Coed Tennis, Girls Soccer, Track and Field and Baseball.
Please ensure that you have turned in the items below before attending the first practice.
1. MSHSAA Athletic Physical – dated after February 1, 2016. Physicals should be uploaded to Privit or turned in to the school office.
2. Register with Privit – https://lhscougars-mo.e-ppe.com/index.jspa Note: if you have registered with Privit during the Fall and/or Winter season, there is no need to register again.
3. Paid Athletic Fee – Due by Monday, February 20. Note: Athletic Fees will be billed through FACTS on Friday, February 10.
· Baseball, Girls Soccer, Tennis, Track & Field, Boys Volleyball – $195
· Boys Golf – $245
Schedules for first week of practices:
Monday, February 27 – Friday, March 3
· 3:00 – 5:00pm – Track (Stadium)
· 4:30 – 6:30pm, Monday – Friday and 7:00 – 8:30am, Saturday – Girls Soccer (Stadium)
· 3:00 – 6:00pm, Monday – Friday and 11:00 – 2:00pm, Saturday – Baseball (Baseball Field)
· 3:00pm – Boys Golf – (JV @ Cave Springs) (Varsity @ Bogey Hills)
· 3:45pm – Tennis (Ft. Zumwalt East)
· 5:00 – 7:00pm – Boys Volleyball (Gym)
Game Schedules on Arbiter Live – http://www.arbiterlive.com/School/Calendar/30140
· All team schedules will be available online and will update automatically with any changes.
· Parents and athletes have the option to “follow” specific teams and receive emails and/or text messages when changes are made to games.
· Individual team schedules can be printed directly from the website.
· An ICAL link is also available, to subscribe to specific team schedules.
Spring Sports Parent Meeting – It is mandatory for at least one parent to attend the winter sports parent meeting on Tuesday, March 7th at 6:30 pm in the LHS gymnasium. Be sure to watch the Pre-Season video before attending – Watch the Preseason Video – http://lutheranhighstcharles.com/parents/mshsaa-athletic-video/
Questions – You are encouraged to communicate with our spring coaching staff with specific questions regarding practices, competition, or anything else about the upcoming season. Please see their contact information below:
· Girl’s Soccer – Mike Wilhite – email@example.com
· Baseball – Dennis Lueck – firstname.lastname@example.org
· Boy’s Golf -Mike Holtmeier – email@example.com
· Boy’s Volleyball – Gregory Franklin – firstname.lastname@example.org
· Track and Field – Chris Mizel – email@example.com
· Tennis – Andrew Coon – firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact Jana Leppien email@example.com with any additional questions.
Assistant to the Director of Activities
Lutheran High School St. Charles
To: LHS Families
From: Activities Office
Re: 2016-2017 Spring Athletic Information
It may be frigid outside, but the 2016-2017 spring sports season will soon begin! Practices begin on Monday, February 27th! This post is meant to share a few notes/reminders with you. Some of this information has previously been sent out…if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Activities Office.
—Privit – The Lutheran High School Athletic Program is utilizing a new program to help collect and store the information required by MSHSAA for high school athletes to participate in sports. This new program allows parents to register their child for the athletic teams at Lutheran High School and e-sign all of the appropriate forms. Accounts will remain available from year-to-year to update as needed. For more information and to register visit the Athletic website: http://lutheranhighstcharles.com/athletics/
—MSHSAA Pre-Participation Physicals – You must turn in your physical on Privit for the 2016-2017 school year prior to trying out. You will not be permitted to practice until you have this done. A reminder that you also need to have at least 14 practices prior to a competition, so be sure to get that in to Mrs. Wilson in the office. You can get a form at the LHS office or they can be downloaded under the athletic tab on our website.
—ArbiterLive.com – http://www.arbiterlive.com/Teams?entityId=30140 – The LHS Athletic program is transitioning it’s scheduling process to Arbiter Live.com. All team schedules will be available online and will update automatically with any changes. Parents and athletes will have the option to “follow” specific teams and receive emails and/or text messages when changes are made to games. Individual team schedules can be printed directly from the website. An ICAL link is also available to subscribe to specific team schedules. Watch for more information to come!!
—Booster Club – This year, we have kicked off the first ever Booster Club for LHS Activities! Please contact Brady Westphal with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional details regarding the Booster Club can be found on our website: http://lutheranhighstcharles.com/athletics/booster-club/
—Athletic Fee – Please be reminded that the athletic fee for our spring sports is due one week before practices begin on February 27th. Fees are due by Monday, February 20. For complete details, please see the “About Us” tab on the Athletic website http://lutheranhighstcharles.com/athletics/about-us/.
–Eastbay Ordering for Spring Gear – Team gear and spirit wear will be ordered online through Eastbay. Forms will be available in a few weeks via email and on the website.
—Spring Sports Parent Meeting – It is mandatory for at least one parent to attend the spring sports parent meeting on Tuesday, March 7th at 6:30 pm in the LHS gymnasium. Additional details regarding this evening will be sent later this month. Again, this is mandatory for you to attend this 1 hour meeting.
Questions – You are encouraged to communicate with our spring coaching staff with specific questions regarding practices, competition, or anything else about the season. Please see their contact information below:
If you have any additional questions, please contact the Activities Office.
Thank you and Go Cougars!
Dr. Doug Kuhlmann, CMAA
Lutheran High School is currently accepting applications for the positions of Freshmen Girls Volleyball Coach and JV Boy’s Volleyball Coach for the 2017-2018 school year. Please submit a letter of interest and resume as well as direct all questions to Activities Director, Doug Kuhlmann @ DKuhlmann@lhssc.org and (314) 497-3014.
We’re using SignUp.com (the leading online SignUp and reminder tool) to organize our upcoming SignUps.
Please sign up for at least 2 gate/concession duties. Parents or students may sign up. Teams earn money for each spot their families work!
Here’s how it works in 3 easy steps:
1) Click this link to see our SignUp on SignUp.com: http://signup.com/go/dR1Bzb
2) Review the options listed and choose the spot(s) you like.
3) Fill out the blanks to list name of your child and the team you are raising money for
4) Sign up! It’s Easy – you will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on SignUp.com.
Note: SignUp.com does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact Jana Leppien at email@example.com and she will sign you up manually.
Beginning on Monday, January 9, our strength and conditioning coach, Arlen Harris and members of our fall and spring coaching staff, will continue our performance program for all LHS athletes who are not currently participating in a winter sport. What is the Performance program? For those that are not familiar with it, the mission of the program is to “to develop championship caliber, multi-sport athletes with an emphasis on year-round training.”
Performance sessions will run 3:00 pm to 4:30 pm, Monday through Thursday. We will be closed and not lifting/running on Friday. It is the goal of the LHS coaching staff (all 23 sports!) that all fall and spring athletes plan to attend these workouts.
The Lutheran High School Strength and Conditioning/Performance Program is designed to provide our student-athletes the following: a program that is committed to developing athletesinto champions in their respective sports; to provide every athlete with the very best evidenced-based exercise programs; a program dedicated to improving our athletes strength, speed, agility, power, and flexibility; to develop team bonding, leadership, mental toughness, and discipline through rigorous physical and mental test; and to properly educate our athletes on the importance of rest, injury prevention, and nutrition.
To that end, the LHS performance philosophy centers on creating an atmosphere that allows each student-athlete to maximize their potential and achieve the highest level of athleticdevelopment possible while learning skills and values that will help them maintain a healthy lifestyle in the future.
If you have any questions regarding the program, please contact the athletic office or our performance coaches:
Head Performance Coach – Arlen Harris – firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Performance Coach – Jake Goslin – email@example.com
Lutheran High School is proud to announce the hiring of Mr. Dan Kreienkamp, new theology instructor and spiritual life coordinator at LHS, as our JV Girls Basketball coach for the 2016-2017 school year.
Mr. Kreienkamp has a rich background in teaching, coaching, and working with young people. Dan is a local St. Louis product, graduating from Lutheran High School South in St. Louis. While attending Lutheran South he was a member of the basketball and baseball programs (in addition to an extremely short football career under the tutelage of Dr. Ernstmeyer). Following high school he attended Concordia University Nebraska where he worked with intramural sports all 4 years, including as the co-head of the program his 4th year. He graduated with a BA in psychology and DCE certification with an emphasis in youth ministry. On his internship and first call as a DCE at Calvary Lutheran school in San Lorenzo, CA he coached both boys and girls basketball. After returning home to attend graduate school in St Louis he coached boys basketball for his alma mater Christ Community Lutheran school while receiving a MA in school counseling from Lindenwood University. Dan is teaching theology and serving as the spiritual life coordinator at Lutheran High. He continues to play any sport he can, and cheers on the SLU Billikens basketball team with his son Noah and wife Jennifer.
Mr. Kreienkamp joins our basketball staff to add to our already-excellent staff of coaches: Luttschwager, Ernstmeyer, Long, and Schoedel. He will bring a positive Christian demeanor, ability to build relationships with our young ladies, and a strong personality which will leave a lasting impact on the program and the LHS community. We look forward to Mr. Kreienkamp working with the program!
- 1. Visit ArbiterLive.com and search for Lutheran High School St. Charles or use this direct link http://www.arbiterlive.com/Teams?entityId=30140
- Click on Teams and then select a specific team to view your son or daughter’s schedule.
- Select Follow Team on the upper right corner to follow specific teams and create an account. (Only an email address and phone # are needed.)
- Select your role – Parent, athlete, etc…
- Select how you would like to receive updates – Email, Text
- Select what type of events you would like to receive updates about – Games, Games and Practices (At this time, we are only adding Games to Arbiter)
- Click what type of reminders you would like – Schedule changes, game reminders
- Click Email the ICAL link if you would like to subscribe to the calendar for that team. (At this time, the ICAL links still have some bugs, so be sure to check the team schedules.)
- Click Subscribe.
- Select a specific event to see – location, transportation, and directions
- To view the Complete Athletic Calendar – Click on Calendar at the Top Left.
- Choose Month, Week, or Day on the right hand side.
- Select Details to view game information.
Creating and Applying Student/Athlete E-Signature:
- First, you will want to be certain you have enabled a login for your student athlete, so select Manage Account from the home page.
- From the Manage Account Screen, select Manage Family Accounts.
- From the family member drop down, select your student athlete and check the box that says Enable Login. (If there is an email address already listed next to Current Email, please skip to step number 6)
- Please type in an email address for your student athlete (different from the email address that was used to register) and create a password. Then click Submit.
- Next, select the name in the top right corner with the circle symbol and from the drop down, select Log Out.
- Then click Loginand login with the email address and password that was just created for your student athlete.
- After logging in as the student athlete, select Manage Documents from the home page. Then click Sign Document where a student/athlete e-signature is required.
- A message will appear if you want to review or sign it the document. Click the blue Signbutton and you will be taken to a page to create an electronic student/athlete signature. Select the blue Create New Signature tab.
- With your curser on a computer or with your finger from a tablet/mobile device, create your student/athlete signature or initials then click the blue Savetab. You will see your student/ athlete signature displayed. Select the grey Done tab underneath. Once complete, you will then be on your account management page. Select Home near the top left of the screen.
- Once you have created a student/athlete e-signature, you will not be required to repeat this process. You will be able to apply this student/athlete e-signature anywhere a student/athlete e-signature is required.
Fall Sports begin August 1 at LHS.
Click here for the Fall Tryout Schedule
Girls Golf schedule:
- The first practice is Monday, August 1st. Meet at LHS @ 10:00 am in Mr. Holtmeier’s classroom (106). After this brief introductory meeting we will head out to Cave Springs Driving Range for a brief practice. We will end by 12:00. (most likely sooner)
- We will continue morning practices through the first week (10:00-12:00) for Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday.
- On Thursday we have tee times set for Dardenne Links to get a practice round in.